Sunday, April 19, 2015

Deflasked Paph. anitum

Plantlets in anitum flask were overgrown, so I decided to deflask right away. The actual name of cross is Paph. anitum x sib ('特優' x '#100-1') and it came from Ching Hua Orchids.

Puck swimming in a bowl:



I liked how soft agar was, no problems washing it off. Plantlets separated relatively easy, but couple pairs didn't want to untangle -I left them as is. Counted 16 plants, not 20 as advertised:



Brown leaves at the bottom didn't look healthy so I peeled them off. Leaves are long and tangled, hope they will straighten up. Potted:



I created natural shade from large phalaenopsis in the corner of small tank. Anitum lives there now:

5 comments:

  1. Healthy seedlings from flask. Nice purchase

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Did you get any flasks this spring?

      Delete
  2. Not yet. I will have one from Sam this May. That is a Roths'.
    How are your Paphs, Phrags doing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! Is that roth flask with 'X-Hot' as parent? I might be getting few seedlings of those in trade with someone I know.
      My paphs are good, phrags still sulking...

      Delete
  3. Here it is Paph. rothschildianum x sib ('Giant Wings Jr.' x 'X-Hot' SSM/JOGA)

    ReplyDelete