Sunday, September 6, 2015

Paph. anitum seedlings update

After reading few statements about growing anitums from flasks I realized that I need to repot them. During last potting I used pre-mixed growing medium from Ravenvision and noticed that it retains too much moisture for too long, especially in the 80% humidity of the tank. Now I used my usual mix of small fir bark and perlite but without adding sphagnum moss.
Also instead of putting them all into one shallow tray I created three compots with 5 plants each as recommended by experienced growers. Here they are.
compot 1



compot 2



compot 3



In the first compot I noticed starts of new leaves:



but their growth will probably be stalled for a while now because of all the repotting stress.
Now there are 15 seedlings instead of 16, I accidentally ripped one apart trying to remove brown bottom leaf...

No comments:

Post a Comment