I have totally redesigned my orchid reference website at Orchideya.ca. There were several reasons for it.
Firstly, I got tired of black background.
Secondly, I wanted to use a layout that would adjust itself dynamically for any size of device used for browsing and still be usable. Bootstrap 3 allowed me to do so nice and easy with minimal CSS hassle.
Thirdly, I added features that provide some interaction with users. They can now upload their own images and they can leave comments about any grex. I don't require registration to do so, but comments have to be reviewed and approved before they will be visible. Same goes for the images. Just want to make sure I still have control over the content to keep it relevant and appropriate.
I added Analytics section where I plan to put some statistical reports about orchid registrations with graphs and grids. So far there is only one Phragmipedium registrations by year. I plan to add more soon.
I also added two new orchid generas - Vanda and Cattleya.
Both of them were recently reclassified and there were lots of duplicate names, so I had to append registration year to the name to somewhat distinguish between those duplicates: looks ugly, but should do the job.
If there are any discrepancies and confusions from such manipulations - please let me know, I will gladly fix it.
Paphiopedilum genus is in the works...
No comments:
Post a Comment