Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Whole bunch of new orchids

Well, ten new orchids to be more precise, came today from Cloud's. They are mostly from Cattleya alliance plus one Psychopsis seedling. I have ordered cattleyas to fill in space on my large sunny south-east window between the glass vases with vandas. I tried to pick minis or at least compact-sized species, but somehow lots of large ones made it through. Well, how can you resist for example Cattleya bicolor with those beautiful waxy flowers.
Anyways, for now, I think, I am all set with cattleyas, unless... Unless I come across something from my wish list.
Individual posts with photos dedicated to each chid will follow but for now - the group shot:

Three at the back are :
Bl. Mornng Glory,
B. Little Stars,
Bl. Aurora(the bonus plant).
Middle row plants:
Lc. Meadow Gold,
C. aurantiaca 'SVO' 4N x L. angereri 'Peter T.',
C. luteola,
C. tigrina,
C. bicolor
And two at the front are:
Lc. Love Knot 'Carmela's Blue' (coerulea type),
Psychopsis versteegiana
They all look nice and healthy. The moss is a bit too wet and smelly, but I am going to repot them into clay pots with chc and charcoal.

2 comments:

  1. Wow...so interesting. Some of the plants list also in my wish list. So sad, I can't get it in my country. I hope I can get it @ WOC in Singapore next month. Can't wait to see the plants progress in your next post;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Which ones are on your list too? I bet Singapore event is spectacular! You are so lucky that you can be there.

    ReplyDelete