The growth gets larger. I am still not sure if it is a bud or a spike with several buds. I also have no idea how long will it take to develop into flower/flowers:
I got my Brassavola Little Stars couple months ago from Clouds Orchids as large seedling. Well, it turned out to be blooming size even this small, its pot is just 2 1/2 inch:
As with most Catts, you will get an inflorescense with the bud/s at or near the end of it. The spike should grow to around the same length of the leaf, and then start producing the bud/s. B. Little Stars is pretty prolific, so you should get around 4-5 blooms on its first blooming, with around a dozen when its older. (Not to sure on the average count)
Probably yours, because it is in better environment in your closet. Mine is just on the windowsill, I bet she gets pretty cold during night times and doesn't get enough sun in this gloomy rainy weather. :)
As with most Catts, you will get an inflorescense with the bud/s at or near the end of it. The spike should grow to around the same length of the leaf, and then start producing the bud/s. B. Little Stars is pretty prolific, so you should get around 4-5 blooms on its first blooming, with around a dozen when its older. (Not to sure on the average count)
ReplyDeleteGreat! Thanks for the info.
ReplyDeleteNo problem! My Grand Stars (Little Stars x nodosa) is working on a spike that is close to the sake size as yours. I wonder who's will bloom first. ;)
ReplyDeleteProbably yours, because it is in better environment in your closet. Mine is just on the windowsill, I bet she gets pretty cold during night times and doesn't get enough sun in this gloomy rainy weather. :)
ReplyDelete