Catt. forbesii significantly grew after arrival and roots started to grow out the little pot. I decided to graduate it to larger clay pot with chc.
It tends to grow sideways, so I had to tie it up a bit to make the bush more compact.
This was a freebe from Clouds that I didn't actually order, but after seeing this I can't wait for mine to bloom.
Good growing! As you have probably seen on my blog, I divided mine into three and mounted all the pieces. Currently, two of the pieces are growing new roots and one is working on a new lead, too! From what I have gathered, the p'bulbs have to be about 7" or 8" before they bloom. I don't know if I can wait!
Thank you, guys! Yes, I saw that excellent mounting job with C. forbesii. I should look through the pet stores for an interesting piece of wood and mount something too. I normally don't like to divide plants and like when they grow into specimens, but sometimes they just come apart during repotting.
Yeah, I do like to keep my plants in one piece, but several of mine from Cloud's fell apart, or were actually separate plants from the get-go. Our OS sells slabs of Epi-web, so I want to get a piece of that and mount something on that. I just love the look of mounted orchids!
Same here! I have lots of catts that just fell apart and look like totally separate plants. Well, they will be traded for something new, or given away if the space will become an issue :)
Your plant looks so healthy, not patient to see this plant blooms ;)
ReplyDeleteThank you! I found that all the plants from Clouds Orchids are usually healthy and grow pretty fast.
ReplyDeleteThis is one of my favorite Cattleyas. Can't wait to see the blooms, and I am always impressed by how clean and well-grown your plants are.
ReplyDeleteGood growing! As you have probably seen on my blog, I divided mine into three and mounted all the pieces. Currently, two of the pieces are growing new roots and one is working on a new lead, too! From what I have gathered, the p'bulbs have to be about 7" or 8" before they bloom. I don't know if I can wait!
ReplyDeleteThank you, guys!
ReplyDeleteYes, I saw that excellent mounting job with C. forbesii. I should look through the pet stores for an interesting piece of wood and mount something too.
I normally don't like to divide plants and like when they grow into specimens, but sometimes they just come apart during repotting.
Yeah, I do like to keep my plants in one piece, but several of mine from Cloud's fell apart, or were actually separate plants from the get-go. Our OS sells slabs of Epi-web, so I want to get a piece of that and mount something on that. I just love the look of mounted orchids!
ReplyDeleteSame here! I have lots of catts that just fell apart and look like totally separate plants. Well, they will be traded for something new, or given away if the space will become an issue :)
ReplyDelete