Saturday, November 26, 2011

Paph. emersonii progress

Paphiopedilum emersonii is the only one from several paphs survived my major paphs fiasco, that is still trying to grow something.



I bought bunch of paphs without much research. I potted them into chc and was determined to not let them dry out. Needless to say - I promptly rotted all the roots.
They turned out to be quite robust plants and several of them started to grow new roots. That's when I decided to cut on water, so to not rot the new roots. later on I discovered that almost all new roots just dried out :(.
Now I have Paphs delenatii, micranthum and barbigerum that are still alive but do nothing visible, although foliage looks nice (hopefully they are working on new roots down in the pots).
Paph henrianum dried out and died.
Paphs dianthum and boxalii without roots at all will probably dry out and die, it is just a matter of time. I had to cut whole mushy bottom on them and then stuck them into pots with shallow chc. I keep watering chc and checking for activity, but there is none as of yet. Some of the older leaves look wrinkly, but majority is still fresh, so I keep it for now.

And this pictured emersonii is pushing out new growth:



I read that they are very slow and can take up to 4 years to bloom from a new growth, so not very exciting, but at least it is still alive...

No comments:

Post a Comment