Previously I mounted it on clay pot, but it seemed that I put too much sphagnum on the mount, so it looked and smelled too wet.
I removed sphag from the pot and put pot into saucer with water hoping that porous clay pot will drag the water and supply the roots.
It could probably live happily that way but yesterday at the pet store I got a bag with five pieces of grape wood.
I took the nicest one and mounted my Haraella retrocalla on it. I wasn't sure if she should be mounted face up or face down, so I put her sideways and let her decide which way to grow.
Here is the picture:

Flower a bit closer(I wish I had macro lens):

And mount again:

There are four more small pieces of grape wood, I am going to use them to mount my mini-phals.
This is a great idea! You get the grape wood from the pet store???
ReplyDeleteThank you, Susan! Yes, they sell it in the reptile section. Heat treated, I figure - if it is safe for live pets, should be fine for orchids. I did soak it in the hot water for couple hours, but don't know if it was needed :).
ReplyDelete