Thursday, December 8, 2011

Phalaenopsis equestris orange

This is a young plant of Phalaenopsis equestris orange. The older leaf got yellow, but I hope it is normal because all other leaves look healthy an happy:



Thre is also a spike, that started under the leaf on the left:



I am really looking forward to see the flowers when/if it will decide to bloom.
I have this idea to collect all varieties of equestris, so far I have blue and orange. There is also alba that came gorgeous and healthy but lost all the roots under my care :( I am trying to save it, but it doesn't look promising enough to log it here yet.

6 comments:

  1. Oooo, how cute! Yeah, the yellow leaf is probably just from old age. Congrats on the spike! There is a member from OB that is sending me one in the spring, so I am excited for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Spike doesn't seem to grow much, I am wondering if it stopped for some reason. It is great that you will get one too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, well I hope it starts up again. Most of the time stalled spikes continue to grow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's good to know it can still grow. I already have one stalled spike on phal. tetraspis C1 - just a little nub sits there for a month after arrival and doesn't grow too. Is there anything one can do to wake them up?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Other than giving them a constant, unchanging environment, I really don't thinks there is anything to do. I think that is a main reason spikes stall, a change in thier environment, or a change if environment. I think this is the same thing that can cause bud blast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, I think it makes sense, both of them had an environment change.

    ReplyDelete