Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Phalaenopsis violacea coerulea II

It is quite large but not in the best conditions. Phalaenopsis violacea coerulea has lost large leaf to rot, tips of the newer leaves were black too. I cut the tips off and put cinnamon on cuts. There is not much roots, so I was debating with myself if I should log it now or wait until it looks better. But then decided to log in everything, even the smallest seedlings.
If something doesn't make it, or gets traded, or given away - I will remove it from My Orchids list and file under Orchids archive.



Update Dec. 25, 2011.
Gone due to crown rot. Archived.

2 comments:

  1. I think it is a good move to catalog everything. I have not in the past and have regretted not knowing when and where I got it and other information that a cataloged plant has.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I am glad I started this log, it is now very convenient to see each plant progress, and info, and pictures. Although I still have quite a few to enter.

    ReplyDelete