Friday, February 3, 2012

Paphiopedilum emersonii

The little baby fan on Paph emersonii is very slow. Now it got some brown spot on one of the tips. I dusted it with cinnamon as couldn't dare to cut any part of such small leaf. Hope it will not spread.



When watering I accidentally spilled couple of coconut husk chips from the surface and uncovered yet one more new fan starting (small green thing at the bottom of the picture):



I really was hoping that plant would grow one fan to the bloom before starting the next one, but unfortunately I have no vote in this. Now my Paph. emersonii needs energy to grow two fans at once, so I guess it will be twice longer before I see any flower...

2 comments:

  1. On the other hand, that means twice as much energy when it gets around to blooming. :)
    I vaguely recall reading that a lot of paphs don't really flower until they have 3+ fans anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I read about that too. This one I got as one fan with flower already, but flower was sort of spoiled, so I cut the spike almost right away and didn't get to enjoy the bloom really.

    ReplyDelete