Saturday, June 23, 2012

Phal. cornu-cervi 'Burma'

Phalaenopsis cornu-cervi 'Burma' came mounted on the small square piece of the metal net.



Oops! It actually hangs with spike down, but for some reason Blogger rotated the picture to the left and I have no idea how to fix it.
Anyway.
I don't like mounting in my conditions - the humidity is too low, but this guy's best and longest root grew through the net, so to take it off the mount would mean - risking to break that root. So I kept it on.
The moss on the mount was black and mushy, I carefully picked it out and replaced with the fresh sphagnum.
I plan to mist it every day, maybe twice.
Hope it will live.
I don't know what the word 'Burma' means on the label. Would have to search for some info if it is out there.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Zahrul! I knew that Burma is the name of the country of course :). Just not sure why this name is on the label - is it cultivar name or variety.

      Delete
  2. Love your phalaenopsis collection

    ReplyDelete