Yesterday I decided to deflask my Phal Bedford Nonpareil seedlings.
Here is what I did.
Washed seedlings under warm tap water and laid them on to paper towel:

Filled clay pots on 2/3 with large bark pieces:

Added fresh sphagnum to the top:

Arranged seedlings in the sphagnum moss like this:

I didn't throw away anything and potted even smallest rootless babies (which is probably stupid):

Placed all the pots into the propagation tray with dome to keep humidity up and hope they will survive:

Here is what I did.
Washed seedlings under warm tap water and laid them on to paper towel:

Filled clay pots on 2/3 with large bark pieces:

Added fresh sphagnum to the top:

Arranged seedlings in the sphagnum moss like this:

I didn't throw away anything and potted even smallest rootless babies (which is probably stupid):

Placed all the pots into the propagation tray with dome to keep humidity up and hope they will survive:

So interesting! I'd love to get lots of updates on this experiment. Someday when I have more growing space, I would like to try the same. Do you know what the timeframe is going to be until these reach blooming size?
ReplyDeleteI read that some phals can bloom in 18 months after deflasking, provided the ideal conditions probably. I hope mine will blom in 2-3 years.
ReplyDelete