Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Cattleya araguaiensis

I got Cattleya araguaiensis from Ecuagenera preorder last March. Plant looked very sad - two wrinkled leaves with black spots and no healthy roots at all. I paid $25 for it and was really disappointed, but still took it, since it was the top of my "most wanted" list.
I potted plant into chc and watered once a week. After a while I noticed a new growth which is growing into a pseudobulb. Now I think it can be logged in here, since there is a chance plant will make it:



Old leaves still have the black and brown patches, I monitor them to make sure they don't get near the new growth, but they seem to stay the same.
Cattleya araguaiensis is still on my wish list, but that would be a blooming sized plant I want to get.

3 comments:

  1. Linda muda, não consegui cultivar, perdi
    boa sorte no cultivo
    abraços e um lindo dia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not been super impressed with the health of plants I've gotten from equagenera, but one must remember that they come all the way from equador. Seems reasonable that the suffer From the trip. I've decided that because of that I'm only going to order things from them that I can't get elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I thought about their catts, it was actually my second attempt to buy that cattleya species from them, first one died almost instantly. However they do sell great masdies - good size and healthy.

      Delete