Well, it didn't work out, plants didn't look happy, I freaked out and took them off.
This time I decided to put some cattleyas on it. From left to right they are: Lc. Love Knot Carmelas Blue, vanda coerulescens seedling and Catt. jenmanii:

Roots are white because they didn't see the light being potted into clay pots with chc. I guess they will become green at some point maybe. View from the other side:

I am going to spray the roots twice a day. Not sure if I should put some moss to cover roots or not?
Cattleya jenmanii:

Lc. Love Knot Carmelas Blue:

Both catts should be quite small in size. I put vanda in between them so the middle wouldn't be empty.
Hope they all will grow nicely together.
Cattleyas as a general rule like to dry out a lot before watering again, so I think that you should be fine without sphagnum. It also makes them good candidates for mounting.
ReplyDeleteThanks!I will monitor the roots to see if they are happy without sphag.
ReplyDelete