Sunday, August 5, 2012

My blooming phals

I took my blooming phals outside to make a group picture yesterday. Here they are - Phal. Vio Vio, Lyndon Equator Jewel, Brother Gelblienosa and bellina II.



Phalaenopsis Vio Vio already totally lost first bloom, second bloom is wilted on the picture and there actually another bud is growing under the third flower.
It is amazing how long the blooms last on the Phal. Lyndon Equator Jewel.



Too bad they loose the color with age and older flowers look like there were bleached.



My favorite of all four of them is Phal. bellina II. It is fully opened now and smells incredible:





2 comments:

  1. Hi, I live in Montreal, I want to buy Bellina, can you tell me where can I buy? Please & Thankyou!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ximia. Check with Crystal Star Orchids. You can mail order from them or wait until October - there will be an orchid show in Montreal, they usually visit this event and bring the plants for sale. You'd need to contact them to make sure they will bring one for you.
      Ten Shin Gardens is another vendor that has bellinas and comes to the Montreal shows.
      If you don't mind paying for shipping from BC - Kingfisher Orchids is a good vendor with phals.
      Good luck!

      Delete