Thursday, August 30, 2012

Phalaenopsis gigantea

It is just a seedling:



New leaf is shiny and quite large comparing to the rest of the leaves. I am a bit worried about my phal. gigantea because I already tried to grow a seedling last year and promptly killed it with crown rot.
Now I am very careful when watering it and never mist the leaves at all.

4 comments:

  1. Ah ok, That looks like it's quite a bit older/larger than mine. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Que muda maravilhosa, e muito bem cultivada.
    abraços

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since there is very little space between the leaves on gigantea, it is highly recommended to not leave water on the leaves at all, as it could rot them or the stem.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what probably happened to my last seedling. Ten Shin Grdens has huge specimens on their website but I remember from last years price list - they wanted something like $150 for them. I'd want to be confident I can grow it before spending those money. Now I can practise on the seedling.

    ReplyDelete