I never saw the actual bugs but here are the symptoms.
Rusty orange traces on the leaves:

And underside:

Indented damages on the leaves:

All the above pictures are of one plant - Paphiopedilum emersonii II, it took the most damage.
I am annoyed at the bugs for ruining my paphs and mad at myself for not paying attention - I probably could check on them more often and notice those pests traces before it's gone so far.
I have used the Safer's Endall insecticide on Monday, then yesterday. Then I freaked out that insecticide could collect in the media and damage the roots. So I unpotted each of them, washed thoroughly plant and pot and potted into fresh chc.
I think I am going to repeat Endall next weekend, meanwhile - will use cotton swab with alcohol to wipe the plants every third day.
I don't know what else can I do.
If you have not seen the bugs, how can you be sure that it is indeed mite damage?
ReplyDeleteAlso, insecticides do not help with mites. You need miticides unless your chosen product has this mixed in it.