
When I received the plant, I put it on my south-east window with other catts and this pseudobulb was looking directly on the sun. Well, I never saw sunburns on my cattleyas, but it does look like a patch on one of my vanda seedlings that got burned by sun for sure. On the other hand, as far as my knowledge extends - it might be some nasty rot.
So, at this point I am not sure if I should leave it alone or is it better to cut off the pseudobulb in question or even throw away the whole plant(I would like to avoid this option though).
Any suggestions, please?
On a happy note - there are multiple roots starts on the newest pseudobulb that is healthy for now:

Doesn't look like anything nasty to me. I would leave it unless it starts spreading.
ReplyDeleteThank you. I moved it back a bit from the sun and will monitor it closely to see if the dark area increases.
ReplyDelete