Saturday, October 27, 2012

Paphiopedilum wenshanense

After blasting a perfect bud in sheath on the main fan (right part of the plant) paph wenshanense took a break and didn't grow anything for a while.
Now I am noticing slight increase in the size of the second growth(left part of the plant).



This brachy paph species was considered a natural hybrid of concolor and bellatulum for a while, but then was given a status of the species on its own.

As all brachypetalums it is supposed to be finicky, but it doesn't give too much trouble to me. Bud blasting was totally my fault: during mites attack I was spraying all my paphs with miticide continuosly leaving too much of it standing in the sheath creases. Two paphs took a hit and blasted buds at that point - wenshanense and emersonii.
To be honest I was more sorry for the emersonii bud because it is so slow growing that I might be not around to see the next bud forming and wenshanense looks good even without flowers with nicely mottled leaves.

Anyway, just wanted to log the progress...

No comments:

Post a Comment