Saturday, October 6, 2012

Strange flowering of haraella

I am not even sure if it is a flower or not, but it does appear on one of the Haraella retrocalla spikes and did develop like a bud at the beginning:






Here is the story.
This haraella did bloom normally last winter. After blooming I cut all the spikes and placed it into low light location to encourage some leaves and roots growing and stop it from continuous blooming.
Haraella produced several new leaves and many roots, but then it did throw two new spikes.
Now I think that I should have moved it into brighter light when I noticed the spikes, but I didn't. So, maybe this strange underdeveloped bloom is result of the low light supply. At least that's what I am blaiming it on.
If there is more proper explanation - I would like to know it.
I didn' use any chemicals or hormons on this plant except ocasional watering with quarter strength solution of balanced 20-20-20 fertilizer that I use on all my orchids.
I am puzzled...

No comments:

Post a Comment