
On the spike in the top left corner there is some strange growth from the node. I don't have much experience with such things and am dying to know if it is a keiki or just a side branch of the spike that will have some flowers in a while.
Here is a closer picture of the thing:

Are there any experts reading this (or somebody who had grown at least one keiki and saw the start of one)? Does it look like this?
Maria, what do you think?
It could be keiki...Does the growing spike tip usually look more rounded than this? Good news is that in a week it should become obvious either way.
ReplyDeleteThis is what my keikis looked like early on.
And these are the side spike growths that turned out to be spikes :
Thank you! Well, looking at your pictures - it is a tough call, both look almost the same. Suspense is killing me. I want it to be a keiki, since I never had one on my phals :)
DeleteI think it is a little too early to tell, but in a week or so it should be more obvious.
ReplyDeleteThank you! I will be patiently waiting until it will be clear, but will hold my fingers crossed for the keiki.
Delete