So I got tired of waiting, cancelled the order and decided to try and do it myself.
First I searched local web for a suitable terrarium and found this glass reptile tank with front sliding doors, sized 60 X 22 X 22 inches.
It is actually one foot wider than orchidarium but almost a foot shorter too. It is not as sleek and professional looking (and judging by picture - needs some cleaning from dust), but might do the job for the price that I paid for it.
It filled the space I intended for orchidarium quite nicely too:

So, this is a start...
And here is the whole process.
That really is a frustratingly long time to wait. Good luck with the DIY version. I look forward to seeing you how handle lighting/ventilation.
ReplyDeleteI ordered Hydrofarm light fixture 4 feet with 4 T5 HO lamps. According to people on OrchidBoard it should work. Didn't think about ventilation yet. It has a hole at thetop, maybe it will be enough for air exchange...
ReplyDelete