Sunday, January 6, 2013

Orchid tank

I spent almost whole day today creating the layout of my new orchid tank and here is what came out of it:



I used egg crate sheets to make shelves on different levels. Shelves are resting on the glass vases of different height - I have whole bunch of them since I moved my vandas to clay pots. Vases are not as noticeable in real life as came out on pictures.

On the top back shelf I plan to put small cattleyas and vanda seedlings. Rest will be taken by phals. Compots with seedlings can go on the bottom.

My plants can't wait to get into their new home, but we have to wait for lights.

Since this was made originally as a reptile tank - top lid has large 36 inch long cut out filled with steel mesh:



I have ordered 4 ft Hydrofarm designer light fixture that looks like a brown thin box, so I am going to put that box right on the top of my lid.



No comments:

Post a Comment