Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Masdies in orchid tank

My masdies and draculas got their last chance.
Even though space in my orchid tank is very limited and should be used very wise - I put them into the far left corner at the bottom.
That place is very humid and doesn't get much of direct light:



The temperature might be a problem since during the day it raises up to 25C, but probably 25C in 80% humidity is still better than 22C in 35% humidity, so I think they should be greatful.

Actually now I have this frustrating puzzle-sort of a game - "how to fit more orchids in a tank", and I can never win this game.

Yesterday I decided to put one vandaceous in there too, just to see if my lights will be enough to bloom vanda. Lucky plant is Vandachostylis Sri-Siam, it is blooming sized, has lots of roots and not too large. I raised it a bit above phals, so it could get more light:



Another observation - I noticed that my phals leaf color becomes lighter and lighter every day, it is especially light on bellinas. I am wondering if they are burning under these lights or is it a good sign of sufficient lighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment