Violacea alba was producing long and narrow leaves. I think it was an issue with cultivation, either not enough light or moisture or something else maybe...
Now it is in the orchid tank with quite bright light and pretty moist air. New leaf just started and I am wondering if it will come out long and narrow too.
Also I am hoping that it will activate the spike and bloom sometime soon...
Yes, I think I read somewhere that if new leaf grows narrower and longer than all the previous leaves - it means not enough light. I think that if all the old leaves were narrow too - it is fine, but in my case new leaf on the right is way longer and narrower than the previous on the left. Let's see how the newest will come out.
Is this a problem? At least one of my phals looks like this, and I never thought much of it.
ReplyDeleteYes, I think I read somewhere that if new leaf grows narrower and longer than all the previous leaves - it means not enough light. I think that if all the old leaves were narrow too - it is fine, but in my case new leaf on the right is way longer and narrower than the previous on the left.
DeleteLet's see how the newest will come out.