Now humidity is between 75 and 80% when doors are closed and lights are on.

When light are turned off at night, humidity climbs up to 85-90%, so I started leaving small openings in doors and top for the night.
To increase air movement I have ordered computer fan, this one:
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B002OJN250/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00 .
I choose it because it works from usb, so I don't need to do any wire cuttings and other electrical stuff.
I also re-arranged the plants in the tank. Took out vandas and cattleyas back onto their windowsill and replaced them with my phalaenopsis seedlings, so I could turn off two heat mats that were working 24/7. There they are on the back shelf, I moved the light fixture a bit forward, so no direct light gets on them:

The lights are so strong that large amount of them gets reflected on the area in front of the tank. I put small coffee table there with some other plants:

I also bought one more sheet of egg-crate to cover the left side of the tank, it was missing there.
I am closely monitoring the plants to see any sign of uncomfortable light intensity, but so far none of them displayed any purple color on the leaves, maybe it is to early yet, I don't know...
No comments:
Post a Comment