
My initial idea of placing the fixture right on the top of lid didn't really work out because plants appeared too close to the light and I could feel the leaves literally getting too warm. So pieces of wood were urgently cut to put between the light box and the tank:

As I suspected - temps in the tank raised to 25C - which is good, but humidity dropped down to 60% - not so good:

I misted the plants pretty heavy with sprayer hoping to raise humidity up a bit, ut don't know if it was such a good idea for phals and if it even is going to help.

Now I need to buy a small humidifier that would fit the tank and keep some moisture in.
Are there any other options?
Did you buy the mini-fan yet? Placing the fan infront of (practically on) a blow of water would raise the humidity. I dont know if it would raise it enough for you - it only went up 5% for me in an open space but its something before you find a humidifier.
ReplyDelete:)
Thank you for the suggestion Aleksanne. I also think that maybe I should cover up the top opening with some clear plastic or something so the moisture will not come out that much.
ReplyDelete