All the plants were re-potted into fresh moss, took me two evenings to complete this task.
They filled up the tank pretty fast:

And I realized that I need couple more such terrariums to fit all my plants in.
Tank keeps 70% humidity and 20C temps without doors, when lights arrive I am hoping the temps will increase from bulbs heat, but humidity might drop, so I will put on the doors then.
I wanted to get the light measuring device too, but was unpleasantly surprised by their prices. I guess my plants would need to go through experimental process of light adjustment.
For air movement I am planning to buy a small desktop fan, but didn't find one that I liked yet.
Looking good! I too was "unpleasantly surprised" as you put it, by the prices on even the cheaper models for photometers. It'd be nice to have the numbers to record how much light my plants are getting.
ReplyDeleteI would recommend buying a few cpu fans and doing the electrical yourself. I have no electrical experience and found it really easy. A length of wire, a fan, and an ac/dc power converter is all you need. There are some posts on orchidboard about the specifics, but it's basically match the volts and always have some amps to spare. It's also much easier to get the air flow right when you have a specific cfm for the fan.
ReplyDeleteI really like your orchidarium!
ReplyDeleteEssential and well-ordered.
Interesting Blog. Good advice for taking care of our orchids. I invite you to visit mine.
ReplyDeleteA greeting.
http://elorquideario.blogspot.com.es/