Friday, February 15, 2013

Neofinetia falcata `Shojo`

Two new growths that started on Neofinetia falcata last August are progressing well:



The plant becomes clumpier and looks totally different from when it arrived as a tiny single growth with six leaves about a year ago.



I haven't repotted it for a while and moss doesn't look that fresh. I am not sure when is a good time to repot neofinetia, also am afraid to jinx it since it is growing well as is, but at some point I would have to do it, probably in spring.
I am very tempted to buy some more neos, especially the 'Kibana' with yellow flowers, but since it is quite pricey - I want first to make sure I can bloom this one that I have.
It spends time on the windowsill in the bright light and I let it dry between waterings.

2 comments:

  1. Na primavera é um bom momento e as raizes em torno de 2 cm e uma linda florada uma vez que a minha ainda não floriu.
    abraços

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obrigado. Espero que vocês vão florescer em breve.

      Delete