Monday, February 4, 2013

Phal. I-Hsin George

Ever since I got orchid tank I wanted to put my large specimen-sized George in there.
Being mounted on a large piece of grape wood, it would never fit the tank. At the same time I was having a real pain trying to keep its roots from drying out on the mount.
Finally I decided to be brutal and took George off the mount.
It was actually a good thing because part of the roots that was touching the wood rotted pretty badly, luckily it didn't spread to the stem.
I cut all the bottom part of the stem with old roots including two bottom leaves, so the root ball was big enough to snuggly fit the usual clay pot with slits(my orchids like those pots):



The long and narrow leaf that developed during the time George spent in the low-light conditions had to be trimmed too because now in the upright position it was in real danger of breaking together with the whole crown.

Now Phal. I-Hsin George is standing in the corner of the orchid tank.



Hopefully it will be ok...

2 comments: