Few days ago I decided to hang it into orchid tank hoping that being mounted it would benefit from humid conditions there.
After just couple days something disgusting grew on the wood:

Looks like some kind of shroom and I don't know if it is harmful to orchids.
Of course I totally freaked out and removed the mount from the tank. Now the questions are - will the rest of the orchids in the tank be ok and what to do with vanda pumila mount.
I am thinking about destroying the shroom and wiping everything, even roots, with something like alcohol or peroxide.
Would that work? Will that be enough?
The only reason this would concern me is that it's an indication that the wood is rotting. You're certainly not going to kill it by wiping the wood down because the majority of the mushroom is actually deeply embedded inside the wood.
ReplyDeleteYes, the wood is pretty old, but roots are so much grown into it that I don't even consider trying to un-mount the plants.
DeleteI guess I just keep it out of tank, so the wood will have chance to dry out completely between my waterings.
Não conheço, deve ser linda e está com uma saúde hein...abraços
ReplyDeleteObrigado. Vandas são saudáveis, espero que este cogumelo não prejudicá-los ...
Delete