So, I know you've said that you want to try to grow this luedde into a large specimen plant, so I was wondering if you are still wanting to part with that kieki. This plant looks super vigourous, and it has awesome flowers, exactly what I have been wanting in a luedde to breed with. I'd be willing to pay you for the kieki, plus give you some free seedlings from crosses I make with it! I hope this is tempting enough! :D
I'd like to have it on mother plant for now and see how it goes, I might take it off later - then I will keep you in mind. The newest leaf on mother plant got some strange discoloration spots - I am hoping it is from too much light while it was growing but need to do some research on what else could it be :(.
Ok, that's fine with me! :) It is your plant after all. Knowing that you are still experimenting with lighting levels in your new tanks, I bet it's just from too much light. If not, I'm sure it's early enough to stop whatever it may be in its tracks, and at last resort, that kieki definitely looks strong enough to live on its own if the mother goes down (which I highly doubt it will).
I'm guessing this is a luedde you picked up while in the US, right? Both me and a friend bought lueddemanniana from Crystal Star at about the same time, but hers ended up being an Ambomanniana, and I have a feeling mine is too, which is disappointing.
congratulations, I think it's absolutely beautiful. Must be such joy to see your hard work paid off.
ReplyDeleteJustin.
Thank you!
DeleteSo, I know you've said that you want to try to grow this luedde into a large specimen plant, so I was wondering if you are still wanting to part with that kieki. This plant looks super vigourous, and it has awesome flowers, exactly what I have been wanting in a luedde to breed with. I'd be willing to pay you for the kieki, plus give you some free seedlings from crosses I make with it! I hope this is tempting enough! :D
ReplyDeleteI'd like to have it on mother plant for now and see how it goes, I might take it off later - then I will keep you in mind.
DeleteThe newest leaf on mother plant got some strange discoloration spots - I am hoping it is from too much light while it was growing but need to do some research on what else could it be :(.
Ok, that's fine with me! :) It is your plant after all. Knowing that you are still experimenting with lighting levels in your new tanks, I bet it's just from too much light. If not, I'm sure it's early enough to stop whatever it may be in its tracks, and at last resort, that kieki definitely looks strong enough to live on its own if the mother goes down (which I highly doubt it will).
DeleteI'm guessing this is a luedde you picked up while in the US, right? Both me and a friend bought lueddemanniana from Crystal Star at about the same time, but hers ended up being an Ambomanniana, and I have a feeling mine is too, which is disappointing.