I have had this plant for a while.
From the beginning it had some problem with one of the leaves and it came down almost to the crown so I was pretty sure plant was a goner. I didn't throw it away only because it is kind of hard-to-find species, so I just left it be.
At some point problem stopped and plant was just standing there looking non-pretty.
Recently I noticed some positive activity - a new leaf and a new root:

So, I guess, this is a belated introduction. The name on the plant stated deliciosa yellow, but there is no var. yellow in the deliciosa family. However from the description of the var. hookeriana I think it might be it. Therefore I am going to log it under the name Phal. deliciosa var. hookeriana for now.
From the beginning it had some problem with one of the leaves and it came down almost to the crown so I was pretty sure plant was a goner. I didn't throw it away only because it is kind of hard-to-find species, so I just left it be.
At some point problem stopped and plant was just standing there looking non-pretty.
Recently I noticed some positive activity - a new leaf and a new root:

So, I guess, this is a belated introduction. The name on the plant stated deliciosa yellow, but there is no var. yellow in the deliciosa family. However from the description of the var. hookeriana I think it might be it. Therefore I am going to log it under the name Phal. deliciosa var. hookeriana for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment