Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Neofinetia falcata `Shojo`

I finally found time to repot my one and only neofinetia.
The roots were ok:



I chose slightly larger pot but put small plastic net pot turned upside down under the base of the plant:



Neofinetia now lives in my orchid tank and gets high light. I am still hoping for blooms but doesn't look like I am going to get them this year. Maybe it needs to mature both new growths before flowering, I don't know.

2 comments:

  1. Love it, Neofinetias are so easy going. Neo's should flower from any mature growth. If I remember right there needs to be about 5 leaves per side before they are mature enough to spike. They also need a winter rest with much less water too. Provided it got some rest the previous year yours should bloom within the next year or two, it looks to be about mature enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melody. I didn't know about 5 leaves rule and didn't do the winter rest for her. Will try next winter...

      Delete