Thursday, April 4, 2013

Phal. Chang Maw Evergreen 'U-Bix' x P. {Tzu Chiang Litlitz x P. (Buena Jewel x Peach State Red)} x P. (Su-An Super Star x George Vasquez) blooms again.

This plant just finished blooming last fall and now started again.



To be honest I like the previous blooming better and not sure what caused the difference - the color was not as dark and more pink last time.
It is getting much more light now, maybe that is the reason, I don't know.



This plant is a sequential bloomer and there is also second spike started, so I will be enjoying the flowers for a while. The fragrance is still the same and very pleasant.



I have a second plant of the same cross, it currently grows a spike. Very curious to see how the blooms will look on that one.

6 comments:

  1. Depending how the second turns out, if you want to get rid of one of them, keep me in mind! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it is totally different, I saw some pics of this cross online and some were like white with green edges, that would be cool.

      Delete
  2. Ela é linda e a cor maravilhosa;.
    abraços

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also find that the flowers that develop in my growing environment is darker than the ones it came with (but i like my darker flowers better :) ) My theory is 1) The flowers have been flowering for a long time by the time you see and buy it, so the flowers have already faded due to all the transporting and changes in environment. 2) My humidity level at home is quite different than the greenhouse, which contributes to the difference in colour intensity. 3) Do you fertilize a lot? :) I'm sometimes guilty of this :P If you use special orchid fertilizer w/ Ca, or Mg, that would darken the colour of the flowers (at least for catts, not sure about phals). Just my 3 cents :) Sooooo... i would urge you not to toss the plant :) might just need to tweak your care regimen a little.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thats interesting observations. I had no idea ferts could influence tha blooms color. I wouldn't toss the plant, I still like it :).

      Delete