Monday, June 10, 2013

Bl. Morning Glory

In my previous post about Bl.Morning Glory in March I mentioned that it is probably very close to become a blooming sized plant. Well, I was totally right, because one of the two newest pseudobulbs produced this:



From my very small experience with catts in general, I know it is a bud growing:



It looks very similar to the claw looking bud of B. Little Stars (long gone by now) and I am very curious about the flower. Whatever I saw on the web, looked pretty awsome...

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your flower bud :)

    As far as I am aware, this is currently a Bc. rather than a Bl. (as the relevant L is now a C!).
    They are quite rewarding, huge flowers:
    http://orchids-on-a-balcony.blogspot.com/search/label/Morning%20Glory

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Wow, they are huge, those blooms on you picture. My bud looks too small now...

      Delete