Bl. Morning Glory = B.nodosa x L.purpurata. It came as a seedling from Clouds in fall 2011.
The very first flower opened today:

Looking at the many pictures on the web I was expecting white petals with pink lip, but mine came up all pink. I figure, since there are many varieties of L.purpurata, maybe my Glory was created with pink L.purpurata.

I didn't detect any fragrance yet, but I think it only appears at certain time of the day...
Congratulations on your first flower!! I also got a morning glory from clouds, and they're so nice I wish I got 2. :P What I found was that the blooms start out pink, and then as they age, the whole flower gradually turns ivory. The fragrance seem to only start 4-6 days after the bloom first opens.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, good growing! Enjoy your beautiful flower!! :)
Thank you! It is a lovely cross. Nice to know about the color and the fragrance. I will wait a bit before sniffing.
ReplyDelete