Thursday, October 24, 2013

New phrags

This is something I always wanted but didn't dare because of dry conditions in the house. Now with tanks I decided to try.
So, here is Phrag besseae :



It came from John Marcotte at Orchids Canada. The plant is just perfect: immaculate leaves, nice healthy roots and a spike! We'll see if it will bloom or drop.

The second plant is a hybrid between besseae and longifolium - Phrag. Eric Young:



I got it at the show in Montreal. The foliage on it is not perfect and has some damages, so normally I wouldn't buy such plant but three reasons made me do it anyway:
1. it has a spike;
2. damaged are old leaves, there are 4 fans,
one new growth:



and each of the mature growths has a small green nub which I hope will become a new fan:



So, even though it does not look all that nice now, I think it has a potential.
3. it was really cheap.

I put them into the larger tank:

No comments:

Post a Comment