Monday, January 27, 2014

C. aurantiaca x angereri update

Back in November I posted about C. aurantiaca x angereri growing first sheath thin papery formation coming from the newest pseudobulb. It was empty inside.
After about a month I noticed that sheath started to get brownish at the end and thought it was dying.
However later I noticed something solid coming out inside of it:




I couldn't use flash to maintain the back light, so the focus didn't behave, but the thing is visible. I would like to think that it is a cluster of buds forming. I have absolutely no experience with blooming catts and not sure if brown edge on the sheath is an issue. Wait and see...

1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    Brown sheath is not a problem.
    My cattleya had completely brown and empty sheath for more than 3 months before the bud started to grow inside.
    It bloomed just fine
    http://lucyinthegarden.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2013-11-19T16:12:00-05:00&max-results=10

    ReplyDelete