I don't know if it is such a good idea and was wondering if I should have cut the spike so plant could concentrate effort on growing new leaves and roots.
Well, now with bud progressing I want to see the flower, so here is the picture and hope this one will not blast:
It's normal for Phal. equestris to bloom at a small size, and it looks like your plant has an old flower spike on it anyway.
ReplyDeleteI think that old spike is the one that attached my plant to a mother when he was a keiki. Should I cut it off?
ReplyDeleteLol, I thought it was two spikes at first also! I would say its perfectly fine to cut that spike off as close to the plant as possible whenever you want to. I agree with the above, equestris can bloom pretty small, so I think your 'chid will be fine. Can't wait for the bloom!
ReplyDelete