Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Phal. Lyndon Equator Jewel II

Technically this is not my plant anymore - it was sold and just waiting for the weather to warm up for shipping. It is catching up to its sibling in spiking:



Plant lives in the orchid tank too and got a bit of reddish tinge from the intense light. I moved it farther from the bulb yesterday, hope red disappears.



I noticed that different phals in my tank react to high light in their own ways.
Bellina just gets really light green, almost lime colored leaves.
One of the Tsay's Evergreens and fasciata got ugly yellow patches and really show the damage.
Equestris and its hybrids - get reddish brown pigmentation coloring leaves in patches that gets off when plant gets removed from the high light, at least I noticed it on equestris orange, equalacea, KR and this plant above.
Cornu-cervi and its hybrids get purple specklles all over.
Schilleriana gets bleached pattern on its mottled leaves.
Interestingly bright light seems to have no effect on gigantea seedling at all, no change in color, no pigmentation.
I wonder what other phals can take high light without showing signs of stress.

No comments:

Post a Comment